“Time flies when you are having fun!” Isn’t that what they say? Well I’m not sure I would describe this week at school exactly ‘fun’ but I can definitely say time flew. Where have I been now that we are into October already? September must have been a blast!!
I was shocked to find out that next weekend is our Thanksgiving long weekend. Usually if it has anything to do with an extra day off I am all over it, got it planned and recorded onto my calendar. Not this one. Maybe it has to do with being in the moment more recently and not getting too far ahead of myself. Taking it day by day is a good thing.
Every single day I try to wake up thankful for a new day; being in the moment and listening to the more positive voices that need to drown out the darker negative ones. It’s a brand new day and another chance to try and make a difference in a little person’s life. I love my job and the little ones I spend time with. My thoughts are usually along the lines of what can I do today that will help this little one get through his day and go home with a smile on his face? Starting off the day with thankful thoughts and a positive attitude makes such a difference.
This morning my daughter reads out a post to me she read on Tumblr. It hit home with me that we spend far too much of our time thinking about the less fortunate things in our lives. We all have them, but do they really change if we just keep harping on them? I believe in the power of positive thinking, not only during the time of Thanksgiving, but all through the year. It should be Thanksgiving every day of our lives.
“I AM THANKFUL FOR:
- The taxes I pay because it means that I am employed,
- The clothes that fit a little too snug because it means I have enough to eat.
- My shadow who watches me work because it means I am out in the sunshine.
- A lawn that has to be mowed, windows that have to be washed, and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.
- The spot that I find at the far end of the parking lot because it means that I am capable of walking.
- All the complaining I hear about our government because it means we have freedom of speech.
- The lady behind me in church who sings off key because it means I can hear.
- The huge pile of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby.
- The alarm that goes off in the early morning hours because it means I am alive.”
What are you thankful for today?